Published On: Sun, Mar 10th, 2024

McDonald’s branch closes after customer brings in live insects to feed pet snake | UK | News

A McDonald’s customer who brought in live insects to feed their pet snake caused the temporary closure of one of the fast food chain’s restaurants.

The incident took place in McDonald’s in Newhaven’s Drove Retail Park in East Sussex on Friday and saw the restaurant close for several hours.

A spokesman for the chain says it carried out a “thorough clean” after the animal and bugs were brought in, while pest control experts are still monitoring the scene.

He said: “As soon as we were made aware, we closed the restaurant and asked the customer to leave.

“Pest control experts have attended the restaurant to carry out precautionary checks and will continue to monitor.”

The reptile, which is usually found in South America, was handed in to workers in the restaurant who then got it collected by the RSPCA.

RSPCA inspector Hannah Nixon, who answered the call at the time, said: “Based on the report that was phoned in, I was expecting an adder, which is a fairly common native British snake.

“But when I peeked in the box, I was confronted with a full 5ft boa constrictor – a full, non-native snake and not what I was expecting at all.”

Source link

Verified by MonsterInsights